- How many sites are there?
- How many levels are there?
There are 7 levels:
Level 1,2 = Beginners
Level 3,4 = Intermediate
Level 5,6,7 = Advanced
- When are the classes held?
Classes are held from 6:00 p.m to 8:30 p.m. From Monday through Thursday
- How long are the classes and sessions?
Classes are 2 ½ hours.
Fall Session = August through December
Winter Session = January through June
Summer Session= June through July
- Do I need a textbook?
No. The tuition fee includes the cost of the textbook.
- Can I get information about career choices?
We have a Workforce Advisor that can help you.
- Can I bring my children to classes?
We do not provide childcare service.
- Can I skip a class?
Yes, but let your teacher know.
- Can I be late to classes and/or leave early?
It is very important that you attend classes but let your teacher know if you are going to be late or if you need to leave early.
- Can I return back to classes after a long absence?
Absolutely. All you have to do is register again.
- Can I start on Level 1?
When you register you will take a test to determine your the level.
- Can I transfer levels?
Yes, let your teacher know that you wish to take a test to get to the next level.
- What can I do if I no longer can attend classes?
It is very important you let your teacher know.
- How long does each level take?
You can stay at the same level for as long as you feel you are ready to go to the next level.
- Can I switch levels at any time during a session?
Yes, but talk to your teacher first.
- How long does it take to go through all 7 levels?
It depends on the student.
- Which test will I take in my English classes?
We use a test called CASAS to determine your level.
- Will I get a certificate?
You may request a certificate of attendance at the end of the semester if you attended the required hours and passed the CASAS test.
- Can I continue my education after I complete all the levels?
Ask your teacher to set you up with our Workforce Advisor.
- Do you have computer labs?
Yes, all four sites have computer labs.
- Will I learn how to use a computer during my English classes?
Yes, we will teach you all the basic skills you need to learn to use a computer. You can also attend LWIT to learn more about computers.
- Can I check my email during classes?
No. you can only use the computer to complete your class assignments.
- What are your cell phone policies?
Please silence your cellphone during classes.